Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 9 Studio can you trial it?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Charles Reilly

Fusion 9 Studio can you trial it?

PostFri Aug 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi Been dying to throw out after effects and jump into fusion 9. When it came out I immediately downloaded the free version, only to discover I cannot utilize the 3d camera tracker unless I have the studio version?

Is there anyway to trial the studio Version ie for 30 days?

Uli Plank

Re: Fusion 9 Studio can you trial it?

PostSat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 am

No, this has been asked before, there's no trial. But if you want to find out if you can adapt to a node based compositor, the free version has plenty of functionality.

If you can upload some footage and you'd like to test the tracker, just PM me.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Charles Reilly

PostSat Aug 05, 2017 8:00 pm

For me the 3D camera tracker was that killer function that would make me walk away from After Effects. Even if it were available as a 30 day trial that would have been fine by me... what a shame...

Please note I have played with fusion, but have a few comments

Please Please Please get loads of 5 minute videos made (Like Alexa Van Hurtmans) which slowly introduce After Users to your software... It is a Paradigm shift for AE users and it would make the process sooo much Better. Fusion is really lacking in good Tutorials ... they are either too long, really hard to understand .. or too academic or expensive... You cannot learn any tool unless you are educated in it.

I actually used tutorials like these below to get me to understand how AE works... yes some are cheesy .. but they produce great results lots of kids want to do this (they are you future customers) .. When they learn they share... when they share...more users come onboard...Blah Blah Blah

Zoom Earth Tutorial

Handwriting Tutorial

3d Tracking (with object placement)

Typography

Light Sabers

Also put out Templates which allow the users to reverse engineer compositions and animations... the amount of stuff you can learn from a template is amazing...

Cannot say enough ...give us Videos.... give us the tools to learn and we will give you sales

Bryan Ray

PostSat Aug 05, 2017 10:51 pm

For templates, there are quite a few example comps in the Bins system. Shaders, particles, motion graphics elements, lens flares, etc.

Video tutorials will come as the user base grows, which is certainly will at the new price point. Almost none of the good AE stuff comes from Adobe—it's all user-generated content. Here's the Youtube channel of my new friend Tony Gallardo, who does some Fusion-for-AE-users kind of stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipLMP ... S6L9oPwTOg

I don't personally do videos because I can't stand to learn in that format, myself, so I do text-based tutorials on my blog, including an in-progress complete compositing course that takes the reader from "What's composting?" all the way through to the skills they'd need to start as a junior compositor. I also sprinkle in some more advanced techniques and case studies.
www.bryanray.name
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion