Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Custom controls refuse to be animated

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Marin Goleminov

Custom controls refuse to be animated

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Hello all,

I'd like to kindly introduce myself as an illustrator with animation ambitions, who also has an 3D illustration background and an even larger graphic design background, among other things. Sadly, I am starting here by just adding more problems to the world, like the one described below. I hope it won't last long though.

See, I illustrated a falling dude, then cut him apart into layers (limbs, a head and a torso). Then I stitched him together (within Fusion9 on macOS) for a simple animation setup. I used 3D image planes and Merge3d nodes to construct my hierarchy. I also created custom slider controls in the top-most Merge3d node. I published those sliders and connected them to the rotation controls of individual limb parts (like lower arm) or the whole limb (upper arm, which is the parent of the lower arm).

Soo, rotating the limbs via slider controls works just fine, but... but the sliders refuse to be animated. Yes, I ticked the box that is labeled "Animatable" in the "Edit Controls" window. As a matter of fact, the transform controls which are linked to the sliders refuse to be animated as well. I must be missing something here. Fusion has no bugs, right?

Kind regards, Marin

Return to Fusion