Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

32bit confusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Eugene Afanasiev

32bit confusion

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 8:18 pm

Should the project's settings be set to 32bit? cause the defaults are set to 8bits.
and when the project is set to 8bit, if I import and work with 16bit loader, is it downsampled right away or is it temporarily stays native? In other words, the viewer shows dimension and bit - what it shows is correct or overridden by the project settings?
__
--[[BMD's cameras and Resolve all-post workflow evangelist
My old stuff: http://www.youtube.com/rebelorelse
Debug: Asus ROG Duo GX550 i9 10980 48Gb RAM RTX2080MaxQ DaVinci Resolve Studio / Fusion Studio Latest Version]]--

Stuart MacKinnon

Blackmagic Design

Re: 32bit confusion

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 8:38 pm

The default frame format depth option applies to creator tools like Background, FastNoise etc. In Loader preferences you can specify whether you want it to load files at the native depth reported by the file format reader (the 'Format' option) or whether you want it to be the default frame format depth (the 'Default' option). What that Loader preferences option does is determine the initial value for the Depth option in Loader's Import tab. You can then use that option to override/change that initial value, similar to the Image tab of other creator tools.

The depth value that the view shows is whatever the image you are viewing actually is.

Eugene Afanasiev

Re: 32bit confusion

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Thanks!
__
--[[BMD's cameras and Resolve all-post workflow evangelist
My old stuff: http://www.youtube.com/rebelorelse
Debug: Asus ROG Duo GX550 i9 10980 48Gb RAM RTX2080MaxQ DaVinci Resolve Studio / Fusion Studio Latest Version]]--

Return to Fusion