Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 9 Bins not working as 8

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jamie Dickinson

Fusion 9 Bins not working as 8

PostSun Aug 13, 2017 6:13 pm

There's something odd going on with the way I can drag-save settings and nodes to Bins. In Fusion 8, I can drag a node or nodes from the Flow to the Bins and a save dialogue comes up, then I save it and can see it in the Bin later. This doesn't work in 9. Firstly when I try to drag from the Flow, it hides the Bin window behind the main Fusion window (I'm trying this on a MacBookPro). Even when I save using right click, I can only see the new .setting in the Finder but it doesn't show up in the Bin.

Is this a bug? I've tried the same thing and it all still works fine in Fusion 8. Is there a new trick I'm not aware of!?

Jamie Dickinson

Re: Fusion 9 Bins not working as 8

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 11:37 am

I think this is a bug. I've got the same behaviour on Windows Fusion 9, I can't drag tools to the Bin. Windows Fusion 8, I can.

Sander de Regt

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 pm

This is a good thing to report to tech support. They'll only fix stuff if you tell them it's broken.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

MikeGibson

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 16, 2017 4:47 am

Suggested workaround:
Select tools within the Flow that want combined into a Setting, Ctrl+C. Open Bins, Ctrl+V. A Save Setting dialogue window appears, give it a name and press Save.

Jamie Dickinson

PostWed Aug 16, 2017 11:25 am

Thanks I try that. I did get Settings>Save to work but I'm puzzled about why my new settings don't show up in the Bin but I can see them in the Finder. I made a new folder in the Bin right-click menu and it doesn't show up in the Finder. I'd convinced myself that I'm definitely looking at the same path but perhaps I'm going mad...

AlanEBell

PostWed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Same behavior here as well. Looks like there was a change to the way the window is treated in Fusion 9.

Jeremy Hollobon

PostFri May 04, 2018 3:43 am

Yeah, the inability to drag-and-drop into the Fusion 9 Bin is a pretty frustrating bug. Saving things to the Bin is now a bit of a mission.

No one else has explicitly stated it on this thread (maybe it's too obvious), but the final piece of the workaround is: after you've saved a *.settings file to the Settings folder (using either of the methods described above), and you're scratching your head wondering why it doesn't show up in the Bin, you need to choose New Item in the Bin (which is the '...' button at the bottom, and also available on the context menu), and choose the file you just saved.

Then it will appear in the Bin, the same as it did in Fusion 8 (with a simple drag-and-drop).

Return to Fusion