Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Animation is not smooth

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Saif El-Deen Essam

  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Animation is not smooth

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello everyone, I managed to make my first motion graphics video with Fusion (well, it's just 4 sec lol) and there is something I can't figure, as you can see here:
Circles go smooth (on scaling up) until the orange/brown circle then it's like there is cutting/frame drop happening then it's smooth again on way back.
I checked everything, no irregular/messed curves in spline or timeline.
Last edited by Saif El-Deen Essam on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offline
User avatar

Tanawat Wattanachinda

  • Posts: 88
  • Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:47 pm
  • Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: Animation is not smooth

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 4:17 am

Fast moving object + not enough FPS + no motion blur? maybe?
Offline

Wouter Verwijlen

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:48 pm
  • Location: The Netherlands

Re: Animation is not smooth

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 am

I'm not 100% sure, but it might be an optical illusion. If you change the colors of the white, orange and brown circle to colors that are more in line with the others then you'll see less of this 'stop and go' effect.

A second reason might be that the larger circles need an extra frame or two to grow.

Third reason might be that the moment the orange circle appears, the circle in the middle stops growing (and continues to decrease in size after that turning point). So the middle one basically doesn't move at all at that point, which might cause the effect.

Anyway, I'm not sure it has anything to do with Fusion, although these are all guesses and maybe there's an animator here who can shed some light on this.
Offline

Saif El-Deen Essam

  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: Animation is not smooth

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Tanawat Wattanachinda wrote:Fast moving object + not enough FPS + no motion blur? maybe?

Do you mean the frame rate in the Saver node? It is set on 30. And what do you mean by motion blur, how is it done?

Wouter Verwijlen wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but it might be an optical illusion. If you change the colors of the white, orange and brown circle to colors that are more in line with the others then you'll see less of this 'stop and go' effect.

A second reason might be that the larger circles need an extra frame or two to grow.

Third reason might be that the moment the orange circle appears, the circle in the middle stops growing (and continues to decrease in size after that turning point). So the middle one basically doesn't move at all at that point, which might cause the effect.

Anyway, I'm not sure it has anything to do with Fusion, although these are all guesses and maybe there's an animator here who can shed some light on this.

I tried changing colors to more matching ones and it did not help. Anyways I will try increasing frames for brown and orange circles.
Offline

Mark Spink

  • Posts: 44
  • Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:23 am

Re: Animation is not smooth

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Saif El-Deen Essam wrote:Do you mean the frame rate in the Saver node? It is set on 30. And what do you mean by motion blur, how is it done?


I think you set the frame rate in the Preferences for the flow, the saver FPS will just affect the metadata (I believe, don't hold me to this!).
i.e. if you chose 30FPS in the saver, for a flow that's set in Prefs as 24FPS it will probably render out as 24FPS, but playback faster than it should at 30FPS.

WRT motion blur if the flow's in 2D then most of the tools have the motion blur settings in what used to be the 'nuke' tab (eg. the 3rd tab in a Background tool), it's in the same tab in the 3D renderer tool as well.

MoBlur.PNG
MoBlur.PNG (14.79 KiB) Viewed 72 times




Cheers
Mark

Return to Fusion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests