Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Output Video does not fit to original audio track

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Martin Obst

Fusion Output Video does not fit to original audio track

PostThu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi video editors!
So editing video in Resolve is fun - even more after working through the two books explaining the workflow and step by step explanations. I can highly recommend the two books.
Now there is the great delta keyer in fusion 9. It is keying really great. After round trip from Resolve to fusion for keying the video strip is shorter than the audio track (which is not affected by the fusion workflow).
How can I solve this problem? I changed the output file Type- but no effect. I also tried it direct in fusion and then manually put into resolve -also here the video is shorter than the audio.

I assume there must be a button to export a frame in the output for every frame in the input in fusion,nor?

BR Martin

Umberto Uderzo

Re: Fusion Output Video does not fit to original audio track

PostFri Oct 27, 2017 7:41 am

Assuming you didn't change the overall frame count in the composition, maybe there is a different frame rate between Resolve and Fusion that may cause the discrepancy?

Glenn Sakatch

PostSat Oct 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I had a similar issue on fusion 8 a couple of months ago. Needed about 40 greenscreen interview shots to be comp'd. Original idea was to simply cut the mattes in Fusion and output mattes only. Bring those back into Resolve and be able to color fg/bg separately in Resolve along with the rest of the program.

Every matte i output ended up running at a different speed than the clip it was cut from. If i brought the mattes back into Fusion, they didn't line up after frame 1. Double checked everything in and out, as well as sources...everything was 23.976. I could not for the life of me figure out why it wasn't working. I have done this on previous projects, but for some reason, i couldn't figure out where it was broken. I tried frame sequences and quicktimes as outputs. If i simply rendered a new comp over the bg, everything was fine, but matte only would not work. Due to deadlines, i had to do the color in Fusion and render out final comps, which worked fine, but i have been planning on going back in now that I have more time to find out what was going wrong.

Martin Obst

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 8:26 am

Thank you so much!
So I changed the frames/second (they were wrong) and also changed the output to QuickTime.
With background in the output everything is fine in Resolve.
Now the roundtrip is ok.
Greetings,
Martin

Return to Fusion