Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Saver Node at location of Loader

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Lauren Thomas

Saver Node at location of Loader

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 1:33 am

I'm wondering if I can have a saver node pull its name and location from something other than the last place I saved out. In this case, I'm trying to save over a bunch of non-sequential images. I have a bunch of loaders, did stuff to them, and attached each to a saver. Each time I put a saver down, I have to copy and paste the name from the loader into it. It's a pain. I know this situation wouldn't normally arise but I'm looking for someway to pipe a file name into my saver node from my loader node.

Would it also be possible to use a CSV file or something similar to drive the naming of frames outputting from a saver node? Cause that would save me sooooo much time.
- Lauren Thomas

Sander de Regt

Re: Saver Node at location of Loader

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 8:56 am

I think you can use an *.ifl file to save to very specific filenames.
I can't find it right now, how to do it, but I think it's a matter of specifying the frame name, leaving a space and then the filename.

So create an ifl that says:

1 firstframe.jpg
2 secondframe.jpg
3 whohoo.jpg
etc

and you will get all those different filenames.

As for extracting the names from the loader and feeding them into the saver, this is possible with relatively simple scripts. I say relatively, because I can't script at all. But it shouldn't be more than a couple of lines. You can go to https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckless/ for some excellent tips and tricks on scripting from very basic to extremely advanced.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion