Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

can I please check this issue with you blokes:

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

RobertSmith

can I please check this issue with you blokes:

PostSun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 am

Is Fusion free version limited to 1024 x 768 frame format?
Altering Preferences>mycomp>Frame Format never changes the 1024*768 'canvas' in my viewer.

Umberto Uderzo

Re: can I please check this issue with you blokes:

PostSun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 am

As far as i know, Fusion free is limited to UHD resolution.
From my experience it's limited to that resolution not only in saver nodes but also on intermediate nodes (i remember it happened to me once while compositing a big bitmap).
I cannot tell you more as i switched to Studio when BM lowered the license price.

Cheers!

michael vorberg

PostSun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Fusion free can work internally in more then UHD, mostly output is restricted to UHD.

When you change the preferences, did you change it for the global or the comp itself? What did you put in the viewer to see the "canvas"?
The new resolution is only set for newly created nodes which use the "use frame format setting" enabled. If you have disabled this by default all nodes will be created with the fixed settings from you defaults.

If you create a new background after you have changed the frame format in the preferences and put it on a viewer you should see that it is in the new size.

Also remember that fusion will take the frame size from the background input of the chain. If you have a 1024px image an put an UHD image over it your resulting image will be 1024px

RobertSmith

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 4:40 pm

michael vorberg wrote:
Also remember that fusion will take the frame size from the background input of the chain. If you have a 1024px image an put an UHD image over it your resulting image will be 1024px

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I only just checked back (after doing that job in CS6!)
My issue was the reverse of the example you quoted: we had 4k footage but needed a 200 pixel by 100 high image output. Is that possible ...s'pose we could cheat the start of the chain with a correct size blank png file?

Sander de Regt

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 8:09 pm

Sure. Use a resize tool after whatever you've done and feed that into a saver. This way Fusion will save to whatever format you choose.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion