Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Unstable Fusion GPU driver problem

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Kel Philm

Unstable Fusion GPU driver problem

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 1:07 am

I have been having a lot problems with random crashes from Fusion, recently upgraded to the latest version 9.0.2 hoping that the problems would be fixed but unfortunately they were still there (also it would not recognise my GTX 1080).

I have tried all the recommend approaches, re-install, change drivers, been in dialogue with support but nothing seemed to fix my problems. I have long suspected that the GPU had something to do with a lot of the errors due to there frequency and unpredictability (also render nodes seem to work a lot better and disabling viewers also seemed to help).

So I decided to try to a clean install of my video drivers and I came across something on a Houdini forum where they were having OpenCL problems and someone had recommended using 'Display Driver Uninstaller'. So I booted in safe made and ran the software then booted back into windows and install the latest NVidia driver (Custom install of Drivers and Physx only) and then opened Fusion 9.0.2.

Straight away it recognised my GPU and after giving it a bit of a Thrashing I think I the drivers may have been the issue. I played with it for a little over an hour using a comp that had previous been problematic without a crash which is a vast improvement from having around 20+ crashes a day. Cant promise this will help anyone else but if you are having random crashes on WIndows 10 (even when Fusion is in the background doing nothing) this could be an option to investigate.

Return to Fusion