Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Planar transform cropping

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Declan MacErlane

Planar transform cropping

PostWed Feb 21, 2018 5:39 am

Hi,

I am using the planar tracker in Fusion 9.01 on a MacBookPro for some logo removal and by and large it is working well.

But sometimes when I create the planar transform, it crops my foreground layer. I'm not knowingly doing anything differently from the times where it works well. Is this a known bug? Has anyone else come across this?

Cheers,
Dec

Jed Mitchell

Re: Planar transform cropping

PostWed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm

I find it's pretty easy to accidentally clip information in Fusion, so without knowing what the rest of your node graph looks like it's hard to guess where the issue is coming from.

One common place it can happen is on the Planar Transform itself. If you have incoming information outside the immediate frame you might be clipping it if you're not set to Domain:

"It's amazing what you can do when you don't know you can't do it."

Systems:
R16.2.3 | Win10 | i9 7940X | 128GB RAM | 1x RTX Titan | 960Pro cache disk
R16.2.3 | Win10 | i9 7940X | 128GB RAM | 1x 2080 Ti | 660p cache disk

Declan MacErlane

Re: Planar transform cropping

PostFri Mar 09, 2018 5:17 am

Jed Mitchell wrote:I find it's pretty easy to accidentally clip information in Fusion, so without knowing what the rest of your node graph looks like it's hard to guess where the issue is coming from.

One common place it can happen is on the Planar Transform itself. If you have incoming information outside the immediate frame you might be clipping it if you're not set to Domain:

Hey Jed, thanks for the reply.
I have a rotoscoped shape inside the frame, covering a house number in shot.
As it moves with the planar transform it is as if the matte is moving but not the RGB it if that makes sense.
My feeling is it might be a ram issue as it happens randomly. I am on a Macbook Pro 16 gig ram.
Cheers,
Declan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to Fusion