Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Audio in Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

bill890

Audio in Fusion

PostTue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello Forum

Does Fusion allows to massage the synchronization between audio and video tracks using audio latency adjustment?

And is Fade In and Fade Out supported?

Thank you!

Bill

PS:
I am not yet a Fusion-user

Glenn Sakatch

Re: Audio in Fusion

PostSat Apr 21, 2018 4:15 pm

Audio has never been fusions strong point. I was designed to be a not based picture animation/comp tool, that could feed other programs for final mastering. The workflow was originally designed with still sequences, which do not carry audio on the input or output stage.

You can add a pre-defined wave file to the output of your movie at the final render stage, but it is pretty basic. Point the program to the file, attatch file, and go. The design was that the file is the proper length, with the proper starting point. As far as i know, this has not changed recently...there is no real audio editing capabilities in Fusion.

As it is now being incorporated into Resolve, there is even less need for audio work inside the program.

bill890

PostThu Aug 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Thank's Glenn for the feedback!

->Audio has never been fusions strong point.
hmm... hard to hear that audio support is not really available within Fusion :-(

Does that mean, audio work* has to be performed in in Davinci? And where has the final rendering/output to be done(in Fusion or DavinciResolve)?

Thank you very much!

Bill

PS
* massage the synchronization between audio and video tracks using audio latency adjustment.
Fade In and Fade Out.

PS 2
I am totally new to Fusion

Chad Capeland

PostThu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Currently you can't work with Fairlight and Fusion together in Resolve. Not sure if there are plans for that in a future version, obviously.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion