Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Trouble importing TIFF, PNG, JPEG into Resovle 15's Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

fuzzygman21

Trouble importing TIFF, PNG, JPEG into Resovle 15's Fusion

PostSun Apr 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Hello,

I am having trouble importing TIFF, PNG, JPEG files into fusion to do some simple MOGRAPH in the integrated Fusion for Resolve 15. When I bring any of these files into the node window the image will not show up in either viewer. Although, when I am on the Edit page and bring these files onto my timeline and proceed to the Fusion page they will show up in the viewer.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? When I do the same procedure in the standalone version of Fusion it works fine.

Windows 10 i7 7700HQ 8GB RAM GTX1050
Attachments
Tiff Problems JPEG too.PNG
Tiff Problems JPEG too.PNG (636.51 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
Last edited by fuzzygman21 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Andrade

Re: Trouble importing TIFF, PNG, JPEG into Resovle 15's Fusi

PostMon Apr 30, 2018 5:32 pm

Sorry for commenting when I don't have a solution but for what it's worth, I am having the same issue.

It is quite odd that you can import a photo everywhere (media pool in Resolve, and in Fusion) but not in the Fusion tab. As you said, it doesn't show up in either window. I'm actually glad you posted this, as I thought I was going nuts.

Potentially a bug? I'd be curious to know when this gets resolved.

Kays Alatrakchi

PostTue May 01, 2018 4:36 pm

I think I know what might be going on, and it's an issue that IMHO needs to be addressed:

Basically, in the Fusion tab, a jpeg or any other still image is exactly 1 frame long and only appears on the first frame of the Fusion sequence. I discovered this the hard way after being equally frustrated and finally realizing that Fusion doesn't impart to stills any duration other than 1 frame.

My solution has been to drag my still in the Edit window and adjust the length to what I need, and then convert to a Fusion Clip and that seems to do the trick.
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

michael vorberg

PostTue May 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Resolve handles still images as 1 frame sequence, so they get into fusion as 1 frame

You can create a time stretcher or time speed node after the MediaIn /loader to create a frame hold

Return to Fusion