Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Network visibility Fusion 9

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

paulhart2

Network visibility Fusion 9

PostTue May 01, 2018 9:58 pm

I have read the manual, Google searched, forum searched, no más!
In the Render Manager, or when I want to open a 'Comp,' I see the entry for 'Network' but clicking on it does nothing. I have three(3) computers in my home studio, the Render Manager can see all of them. I have a 'mapped' drive local to the Master Station, which all of the computers can see, in a File Manager, and I have VNC on each station which can open up a View on any other station. I can move files back an forth all of the time, but Fusion 9 refuses to recognize that there is a Network. It shouldn't be this difficult, and if it is, then there should be documentation to walk me thru it?? I have looked. Apparently everybody else is fine?? I am on Windows 10 Pro, always updated, and other applications (Lightwave 2018.0.3) have no problem rendering over the network, as long as I refer to the location as \\graphics1\e\common\.... The 'mapped' location is "M:" and some other programs see M:, tho Lightwave prefers the \\graphics1 designation, for rendering tasks. None of these work for Fusion. It is as if the button is not connected?? Sometimes all three have the Version noted, not sure when or why so far.

Checking in again. Here is a Screen Capture of the Render Manager. Note that all three(3) stations are in the group, graphics1=Idle, as no job assigned. Graphics2, correct IPAddress, says Offline, and on that station it says, "No License" and gives the IPAddress of 192.168.56.1. Finally graphics3 just says it is "Idle" but shows the correct IPAdress in the Fusion Render Status. No idea what to do. At no time will the "Network" button even work. Scanning for Slaves finds everybody???

Lars_Cawley

Re: Network visibility Fusion 9

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 9:49 pm

I'm seeing this behaviour in Fusion 9.0.2 too under Windows 10. The favourites from Fusion 8 are still accessible, but it's hard to make new ones in version 9 if the network button doesn't do anything. Are we missing something?

Frank Feijen

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 7:11 am

Don't know why, and if it's related, but often I have to 'scan for slaves' to get a connection to my rendernode...

paulhart2

PostSat Jun 23, 2018 8:32 pm

Unless someone else with more 'smarts' can help, Fusion Pro 9.02 [paid], does not have a "Network" button that goes anywhere. When I first produced this question to technical support, providing Screen Shots with the button circled in Red. After some back and forth, I was told, "Just use UNC [Universal Naming Convention] as if I had been dismissed. I immediately went 'all in' on that thinking it should work, WRONG. \\servername\path did not make the immediately available Network Computer visible, and it did not even address the supplied Screen Shot, question, "Why, doesn't the Network Button work," like it does in other programs?
I was just curious, downloaded and installed Resolve [free] loaded an 'old' project, saw that some of the Assets had moved, and went into Media Storage, surprise, there was Drive 'W' the shared point for all of the Network computers, as well as three other "Mapped Drive Locations" on my Network. It doesn't let me just explore, but it does see Mapped Drive Locations, so apparently it can be done, but not with Fusion 9.02... so I thought, I went back in and clicked on the Network Button, still nothing, but when I clicked on Graphics1, [my main station] I saw the Mapped Drives, and they are accessible. So, there is a way around, and it is not the Network Button, which should work?? in either application, but it Mapped Drives brings peace to my work flow, fine, I will go that route

Return to Fusion