Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Imported 3D Object not shown

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Manoel Flesch

Imported 3D Object not shown

PostThu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Hey, so, first of all, I am new to Fusion and 3D Compositing as well so sorry if this is a noob question. I'm using the current Resolve 15 Beta Version. I downloaded a free 3D model from sketchfab, the file format is DAE https://sketchfab.com/models/3d28fe9080 ... 8289ca877c
I tested the file with 3DS Max and it seems to work fine so no issue with the model itself. Hower in Resolve 15 it seems to be totally empty. Here's a screenshot of what I did:

Anyone can point out what I did wrong?

Thomas Martin

Re: Imported 3D Object not shown

PostSat May 05, 2018 3:11 pm

I had a look at that 3D file. I have seen at least two problems: the file is a multiple part model and different shaders are applied to these parts. AFAIK the Fusion loader can handle only 1 object with 1 shader at a time.

Possibly, you can group those parts with identical shaders and combine them to one object. Then save each of the pieces and import them individually. Finally, 3D merge them in Fusion again. Of course, to this end, you will need something like Maya to accomplish the prepartions.

michael vorberg

PostSat May 05, 2018 7:52 pm

fusion standalone can import multipart meshes with shaders for each object, but this seems missing in fusion resolve...

but i couldnt test your file more in any of both versions, for me it crashes fusion

Thomas Martin

PostSat May 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Well, I have got error messages saying that the loader admits only one mesh etc. but possibly this is unrelated to the problem why there is nothing in the viewport.

Return to Fusion