Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion Documentation (outdated?) & Scripting

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Terence Kearns

Fusion Documentation (outdated?) & Scripting

PostThu May 10, 2018 12:46 am

Hey guys,

I decided to learn to do some scripting with Fusion and apparently the latest "Scripting Guide" is for version 8. Has absolutely nothing changed with version 9? will the documentation get updates for Fusion in Resolve 15?

Also I noticed that the Version 9 tool reference was missing a chunk. I can't remember now, I'll have to go check.

Are there any alternative resources for learning scripting with the latest Fusion?

Bryan Ray

Re: Fusion Documentation (outdated?) & Scripting

PostThu May 10, 2018 4:29 am

There have been a few changes from 8 to 9, but likely not much that you'd run into immediately if you're just getting your feet wet. Most of the undocumented new stuff with the UI Manager API has been pretty thoroughly explored by Andrew Hazelden at Steakunderwater.com. His UI Manager thread is pinned in the Scripting forum over there.

There are some small additions to the documentation that came with the Resolve beta, but they're pretty rudimentary. You can find an introduction to scripting Resolve at Steakunderwater, as well, in the Resolve for Fusion Users forum. Also, in the Useful Links category there (explore the menu bar), you'll find a link to the old VFXPedia, which is rather poorly organized and somewhat out of date, but it has some nice gems.

You could also look for Stefan Ihringer's Fusion Scripting 101 videos on YouTube.

And I mentioned my script walkthrough in your other message here.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion