Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Are you phasing fusion out of existence?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Dawid Serafinowski

Are you phasing fusion out of existence?

PostSat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm

I've noticed that Davinci Resolve 15 beta has Fusion built in though I'm not sure how to import my existing fusion composition into it.

Is there a plan on killing Fusion as a separate software? or it's just a Fusion "lite" within Davinci?

Kel Philm

Re: Are you phasing fusion out of existence?

PostMon May 28, 2018 7:32 am

Posted previously but this was the response form BM support here in Australia:

For now, the Fusion integration in Resolve is at very early stages and is only a partial implementation. It is intended, eventually, to be a feature-complete integration of Blackmagic Fusion inside Resolve. The integration will grow more feature complete over time.

The fully-featured standalone versions of Fusion\Fusion Studio is still being developed and there no plan in the foreseeable future to discontinue this. Blackmagic however do not give any ETAs in regards to releases, so I'm unable to estimate when the next update is due. As an existing Fusion Studio user, you can not only continue to use it with Fusion Studio, but you can now also use that same dongle to run Resolve Studio v15 beta 1 or later.

We strongly encourage current Fusion users to give as much feedback as possible in regards the integration in to Resolve so it can be shaped and updated to the expectations of existing Fusion users.

Dawid Serafinowski

PostMon May 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Kel Philm wrote:Posted previously but this was the response form BM support here in Australia:

For now, the Fusion integration in Resolve is at very early stages and is only a partial implementation. It is intended, eventually, to be a feature-complete integration of Blackmagic Fusion inside Resolve. The integration will grow more feature complete over time.

The fully-featured standalone versions of Fusion\Fusion Studio is still being developed and there no plan in the foreseeable future to discontinue this. Blackmagic however do not give any ETAs in regards to releases, so I'm unable to estimate when the next update is due. As an existing Fusion Studio user, you can not only continue to use it with Fusion Studio, but you can now also use that same dongle to run Resolve Studio v15 beta 1 or later.

We strongly encourage current Fusion users to give as much feedback as possible in regards the integration in to Resolve so it can be shaped and updated to the expectations of existing Fusion users.

Thanks this explains it well

Sam Steti

PostMon Jun 04, 2018 4:03 pm

To answer the other question, importing Fu standalone composition in Resolve-Fu tab works good for me... Search the bottom File or edition menu...
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to Fusion