Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Expressions not updating in the Spline panel

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

maxvanleeuwen

Expressions not updating in the Spline panel

PostThu May 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi! I'm new to fusion, so this might be a really easy one to answer.

Whenever I add an expression to a value (a sine, for instance), it does not update that in the spline panel. Only when I close and reopen the panel the correct expression is visualised.

Is there an easier way to manually update the Spline panel to show the latest expression?
Or, even better, is there a way to make this live? So that it updates instantly on changing the values?

Thanks!

- Max

Jeremy Hollobon

Re: Expressions not updating in the Spline panel

PostFri Jun 01, 2018 10:06 am

Hi Max,

Welcome to the forum!

In the column on the left of the Spline editor, where all of the parameter names are listed, try left-clicking on the name of the parameter (not the checkbox), so that the entry becomes highlighted in blue (as pictured). This should force an update of several things, including the line displayed in the graph.

refresh_fusion_expression.png
refresh_fusion_expression.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 806 times

Also note that some changes (such as changing the expression itself) will immediately update the graph, while others (such a changing the value or keyframes of a different parameter which is driving the expression) require you to click on the parameter name again, to force a refresh.

Hope this helps.

maxvanleeuwen

PostFri Jun 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks for your reply!

I noticed the text displaying the expression in that column on the left does update when I click on it, but somehow the graph remains the same.
The graph doesn't update when changing modifiers either. The only moment the graph actually seems to update is when placing keyframes.

Wojciech Zawada

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 am

I have got similar issue. Spline panel is not showing my animations (key frames and connections between) , instead it just showing strait horizontal lines for every control I'm changing. I have couple more fusion clips in same project and all other works just fine.

Return to Fusion