Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Exposing parameter in spline editor

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

ReinaDelSur

Exposing parameter in spline editor

PostFri Jun 08, 2018 6:11 am

Hey y'all,

Just a quick question. I've been working on this comp with zillions of similar elements, and I was wondering if there was any way to expose a parameter in the spline editor after animating it (like right-clicking said parameter and choosing something along the lines of "View spline" or "Expose in spline editor"). That would make my life so much easier.

Right now, I am reduced to scrolling through the WHOLE list of similarly named elements (I know, I should have renamed them!) to find the one I'm looking for, and only then can I edit it.

I tried clicking (and double-clicking) a tool in the flow first, and then going to the Spline editor, but it doesn't necessarily display the animated controls of that tool. Right-clicking does not seem to yield anything either (no such command / menu as the one I'm dreaming of, I think...)

What would be a quick, convenient workflow to actually manage to edit the spline for a parameter without finding it buried in the whole list ? (filtering in the editor is inadequate, too, because it'll only give me the tool itself, but I cannot access its animated controls, like Blend, or Exposure, or anything else...)

Thanks a zillion times for any help someone could give me on that!!
Last edited by ReinaDelSur on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

michael vorberg

Re: Exposing parameter in spline editor

PostFri Jun 08, 2018 6:15 am

There is a button "sel" that shows only the selected nodes

ReinaDelSur

Re: Exposing parameter in spline editor

PostFri Jun 08, 2018 6:23 am

Oh my GOD :o , THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! <3

Return to Fusion