Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Locked/removed posts about WSL?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Chad Capeland

Locked/removed posts about WSL?

PostTue Aug 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Is there a forum rule about linking out to other websites? We've had one post removed and one locked, both were linking out to We Suck Less forum topics. Just wondering if that was a new rule or if there was another issue.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Locked/removed posts about WSL?

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 12:48 am

In general yes, the aim of the forum is not for redirection to other forums but for users to discuss operations, workflows and generally assist each other.

If there is additional user benefit to the links we may let them slide and there is also an announcement section which can be used to let everyone know about news you have.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Kel Philm

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 am

Gotta say Peter, think this seems a little unreasonable, the guys at WSL do a heap of work for the Fusion community on this site and their own and I would go so far to say they do more to support Fusion than Blackmagic plus they are unpaid. They created the incredibly useful Reactor plugin for free which gives users a simple and efficient way to add to the standard Fusion functionality and they are the best resource for anything to do with scripting and SDK.

While I've got you here, when are we getting an update to the stand alone Fusion? :)

Sander de Regt

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:In general yes, the aim of the forum is not for redirection to other forums but for users to discuss operations, workflows and generally assist each other.

Well, if a link to a thread on WSL or somewhere else, where the discussion at hand is already taking place in great detail, I'd say that would qualify as assisting each other. More so than replicating the solution/discussion over here.

Also the WSL forum is at the moment technically better equipped for helping people out: the amount of code that can be posted in a forum post is larger and for example the 'select all' button works, while over here it doesn't. And since Fusion is - rightfully - picky about missing brackets etc the UX over at WSL is better than this forum right now. I truly appreciate all the effort you guys are putting into Resolve/Fusion, some appreciation from BMD towards those of us who are out here helping others would be appreciated as well.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion