Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Color page to fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Ninasargsyan

Color page to fusion

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey all,

I am doing a green screen video, and some of the green is reflecting on my subject;s skin, so I went in the color page and adjusted the coloring prior to going into the Fusion page. However, the color changes I made is not appearing on the Fusion page. Do I need to make my clip in the timeline a Fusion Clip? Or is there some other way?

Thanks in advance!

Wouter Bouwens

Re: Color page to fusion

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 6:48 pm

I believe if you make the clip a compound clip, grades will appear in fusion
CPU: Intel Core I9 10850K
GPU: MSI Suprim X Geforce 3080
Motherboard: MSI Z590-A Pro
RAM: 32 GB Gskil Ripjaws 3600
SSD: Samsung EVO 970 M.2 NVME 1TB

Chad Capeland

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 7:32 pm

It would be ideal if there was a "color page" node in the "fusion page" so we could do nesting in a navigable manner.

Likewise, it would be ideal if there was a "fusion" node in the color page. Same reason.

That way we don't have to be confused by the order of operations and we can do things like key pre-grade and despill post-grade.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Sander de Regt

PostWed Aug 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Chad Capeland wrote:It would be ideal if there was a "color page" node in the "fusion page" so we could do nesting in a navigable manner.

Likewise, it would be ideal if there was a "fusion" node in the color page. Same reason.

That way we don't have to be confused by the order of operations and we can do things like key pre-grade and despill post-grade.

+1 for this suggestion
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Ninasargsyan

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Chad Capeland wrote:It would be ideal if there was a "color page" node in the "fusion page" so we could do nesting in a navigable manner.

Agreed, this would be a great addition, since every time we make a clip a compound clip essentially editing that clip becomes tricky.

Chad Capeland

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 pm

Tricky? Take two clips, put Fusion comps on each, make a compound clip, put a Fusion comp on that. Now try to edit the original Fusion comps while preserving the fusion comp on the compound clip. Yikes.

From an implementation standpoint, the GUI can just BE the pages. Like the Fusion node in the Color page could just have an "edit comp" button that launches the Fusion page. Converse for the Color tool in the Fusion comp.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion