Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Import JPEG issues

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

David Mathis

Import JPEG issues

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 6:29 am

Solved!

I recently purchased some stock photos from Adobe and all the files have a number at the end of the file name. For example: 12475, 34981 When importing the 34981 the 12475 file shows up. I have turned off gather sequence (whatever it is called). If the numbers are removed the correct file shows up in the viewer. Is this a glitch or expected behavior from Fusion? Confused.

Thank you to everyone that responded. One thing I noticed is that each file name had different numbers with gaps between each one. Batch renaming the files with a sequential number appended at the end helped as well.
Last edited by David Mathis on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michael vorberg

Re: Import JPEG issues

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 am

Fusions loader node will always assume a number in the name as frame numbers and tries to load a sequence.
The button in the file request is just for viewing purposes, it doesnt load just one file.

You can adjust the trim in/out settings in the loader to get the correct file

Or you drag and drop the the file from explorer/finder while holding shift. This will trim the loader to just this one image

JP Docherty

Re: Import JPEG issues

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 7:02 am

Sadly the loader node messed up behaviour is a long standing issue which has been ignored by both Eyeon and Blackmagic for years . . .

https://www.steakunderwater.com/wesuckl ... f=16&t=607

Return to Fusion