Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Quadro RTX

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Andrew Larson

Quadro RTX

PostTue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 am

Am I the only one that saw DaVinci Resolve listed as developers jumping on to the Nvidia RTX architecture? I sure would love to hear more about what Blackmagic has up their sleeves when it comes to this!

Kel Philm

Re: Quadro RTX

PostTue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Certainly could have big implications for Fusions 3D. We seem to be going through a golden era of performance increase with the new GPU's and AMD's threadripper 2 series.

Andrew Larson

PostWed Aug 15, 2018 1:06 pm

I did notice also that it also helps with playback of 8k raw footage in real time.

Kel Philm

PostSat Sep 01, 2018 11:22 pm

If the news out there is accurate, there is a lot of interesting stuff going on with these new GPU's other than just the ray tracing. By the sounds of it they are saying that the compute power of the tensor cores is 8 times that of Cuda cores (hence the ability to realtime raytrace), this could make a huge difference to performance in Fusion and Resolve for GPU related tasks. Using GPU for 3D for me has been a bit quicker but I see no gain in a lot of the 2D stuff (plus its not that stable), but if they can harness the power of the RTX series it could mean major improvements. I also wonder if Fusion inside Resolve may have been implemented to use more of the GPU to fit in better with Resolves existing architecture? Could this be why the are holding up Fusion 10?

Also makes me wonder how 3D rendering is going to change? I'd love to have a stake in Redshift about now, they are a heap quicker than CPU as it is, this could kill CPU rendering.

Return to Fusion