Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 9 not launching on Macbook Pro

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Josh Endres

Fusion 9 not launching on Macbook Pro

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 2:40 pm

I've officially made the decision to try and convert from all adobe over to Resolve/Fusion. It's going to be a process..but I guess step one is getting the software to open up and dig into it :P Resolve opens up without issue.. Fusion, however, isn't responding at all on launch. According to Activity Monitor, it's Not Responding and I don't get a splash screen or anything similar. Has this happened to anyone else? Are there logs dumped anywhere that someone could point me to? I currently use High Sierra 10.13.6.

Josh Endres

Re: Fusion 9 not launching on Macbook Pro

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Did some additional debugging outside of my office. Fusion boots right up on my home network. To confirm it's network related, i disabled the wifi and fusion again stood as not responding until enabling wifi. Is an internet connection required? Not sure why it would work consistently at home, but not in the office or without an internet connection

Kays Alatrakchi

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 1:11 am

It shouldn't be an issue unless you had an older version of Fusion installed before. Just to be sure, I would uninstall everything and re-install.

Other than that, make sure your CUDA and Nvidia drivers are up to date, but it should work. I'm running Fusion 9 on an ancient MBP without any issues.
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

Josh Endres

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Kays Alatrakchi wrote:It shouldn't be an issue unless you had an older version of Fusion installed before. Just to be sure, I would uninstall everything and re-install.

Other than that, make sure your CUDA and Nvidia drivers are up to date, but it should work. I'm running Fusion 9 on an ancient MBP without any issues.

Reinstalled a few times, deleting any/all leftover files I could find just to make sure everything was 100% gone..still no luck. I'm back on the office network now and it won't open up, so I definitely feel it's network related. I'm using Fusion Free if that makes a difference as a network requirement.

100% success rate at home, but only when the network was turned on.

0% success rate at the office, whether the network is turned on or not.

ddaedalus

PostThu Mar 21, 2019 5:58 pm

I had issues launching Fusion 9.

I went into the MAC Activity Monitor and saw that Fusion was not responding. I forced quit THROUGH Activity Monitor (X icon) and then tried to launch again.

Success.
DHPD

Return to Fusion