Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Loader always added with a clip

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

freshtc

Loader always added with a clip

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 3:50 am

I have a strange issue pop up now whenever I add a loader I dont get an open dialog box & the loader has a movie file already designated to it. I checked & unchecked Auto clip browse preference with no effect.
If I drag & drop a file into fusion I get a "Reset trimming & extend settings?" dialog because the clip I dragged has different number of frames then the clip that the loader is "stuck" on.
I tried uninstalling & re-installing Fusion 9 but the problem persists. This is the free edition 9.02 under Windows.
This is driving me nuts. Any ideas how to fix this?

freshtc

Re: Loader always added with a clip

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 7:20 pm

I solved this by removing the Fusion folder under Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design

Bryan Ray

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Sounds like you saved default settings on a Loader that already had a clip in it. The file you would need to delete in that scenario, if it happens again, is \Fusion\Defaults\Loader_Loader.setting

Or, you can clear the Filename field and save the default settings again to overwrite it.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

freshtc

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 10:26 am

Thanks Brian
I did poke around more in that folder & find I did have a default setting for the loader. Being new at Fusion, I'm not sure how I set that default! Time for me to jump deeper into the manual.

Return to Fusion