Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Why do I get this all the time?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Wu Zhengjiang

Why do I get this all the time?

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 pm

For almost all the projects, no matter simple ones or complicated ones, after a while, I always get this, I don't even know what to call it. Then I have to quit Fusion (free) and reopen the project. And before I render, I also have to quit and reopen, otherwise this would be the render result.
Is my MacBook Pro (2015 13") too shabby or something?
But my not-too-shabby Hachintosh (32GB, GTX970, i7) also suffers from this. Or maybe my Hachintosh is also too shabby?
Is there anything I can do to avoid this?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 00.09.15.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 00.09.15.png (850.27 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Bryan Ray

Re: Why do I get this all the time?

PostTue Oct 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Hmmm... That looks like the theft-protection watermark. But if you're using the free version it shouldn't happen. The licensing tech is probably still in the code, though, and it's possible that something is causing Fusion to think it's unlicensed.

I'm not sure what methods were used in the past to crack Eyeon's protections, but it's not uncommon for a crack on a different piece of software to be detected by an anti-piracy routine in something apparently unrelated. First step would be to make sure you don't have any pirated software on your computer. Then uninstall Fusion, delete its preferences (in the application data folder you'll find Blackmagic Design/Fusion/ Delete that entire folder), and install it fresh from a new, clean download just to be sure there was nothing wrong with the installer.

Make sure you're downloading from the official Blackmagicdesign.com product page. I don't know that there are fake pages or unscrupulous redistributors injecting code into Fusion, but it's happened before.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion