Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion node newbie question

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

brianbrook

Fusion node newbie question

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 8:53 pm

DaVinci Resolve 15.1.2 Studio: If I go straight to Fusion and try to put a Background node in it is blank...if I import media and put it on the timeline I can work with nodes and just delete the unneeded media...my question is it possible to just work in Fusion making titles etc... without any media ie...create project and.....also is the standalone fusion any different than the Fusion in the current Resolve?

David_Cox

Re: Fusion node newbie question

PostThu Oct 25, 2018 11:48 pm

Within Resolve, the clip is where all the Fusion data is attached, so you usually start with something on the timeline and then go into Fusion. However, it doesn't have to be a media clip. If you look under "generators" in Resolve, there is a "Fusion composition". This is a basic holder and when you then go into Fusion, you just have a media out node.

**edit. Actually there is a way of creating a fusion comp without using the timeline. In the media page you can right click and create a new fusion comp. You can then open the fusion tab and drag in that newly created clip.

The combining of Fusion into Resolve is work in progress, so there are some differences between standalone Fusion and Resolve. But in the most part, the functionality is very similar.

DC
Showreels: vimeo.com/davidcoxtv

brianbrook

Re: Fusion node newbie question

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 1:02 am

Thanks that exactly answers my questions, I knew there must be a better way than what I was doing...and I need to really read the manual as well!

Return to Fusion