Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Duplicating Fusion Clip

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Levi3d

Duplicating Fusion Clip

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 2:43 pm

I may be missing something obvious here, but I can't work out how to duplicate a fusion clip (rather than make an instance of the same clip)

I have a 'master' comp, and I need to make a number of duplicates of it which will each then be altered.

I appreciate the underlying clips with each fusion comp will still be linked to the original clips.

Am I missing something?

Frank Feijen

Re: Duplicating Fusion Clip

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 9:20 pm

Are you working in resolve or Fusion standalone?
What's your workflow to make those instances (that you don't want)?
I've tried the basic copy/paste and that seams to work fine.

SgtDannySgt

PostFri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 am

Hello everyone

Am somewhat stuck at the moment. I have created a lightsaber effect in Fusion 9 stand alone version. I want to duplicate it in my comp so I have 2 effects so when I use it, I will be able to have 2 persons dueling with their lightsabers. Now, I have used the Ctrl-C and copied over the nodes and can't seem to connect them correctly as I can't get a second effect to show up. I tried with the Duplicate node and same thing, I can't get a duplicate of the effect. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks

Danny

michael vorberg

PostFri Dec 14, 2018 6:22 am

SgtDannySgt wrote:Hello everyone

Am somewhat stuck at the moment. I have created a lightsaber effect in Fusion 9 stand alone version. I want to duplicate it in my comp so I have 2 effects so when I use it, I will be able to have 2 persons dueling with their lightsabers. Now, I have used the Ctrl-C and copied over the nodes and can't seem to connect them correctly as I can't get a second effect to show up. I tried with the Duplicate node and same thing, I can't get a duplicate of the effect. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks

Danny

A Screenshot or a comp would help to know how you set things up.
There should be no problem with copying nodes and connect them to the flow or if you just have an offset to make a new branch into a transform and merge that with the rest

SgtDannySgt

PostSat Dec 15, 2018 12:53 am

Hi mate

Here is the comp. I tried again today as I really want to learn this software and used a duplicate node. I got the second lightsaber in but can only adjust the second effect and not the first so I went back to copying the nodes and pasting. I believe it is due to my lack of knowledge on how to connect them together. Thanks

Danny
Attachments
Projects.zip
(19.54 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Thierry Bergeron

PostSat Dec 15, 2018 2:24 am

The pros will probably have another solution but you can pipe the glow into 2 separate transform nodes and merge them together, each transform will allow you to control a saber separatly.

Hopefully it will help you

SgtDannySgt

PostSat Dec 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Thierry Bergeron wrote:The pros will probably have another solution but you can pipe the glow into 2 separate transform nodes and merge them together, each transform will allow you to control a saber separatly.

Hopefully it will help you

Good morning mate

I believe I have it! I added another merge as you suggested and I can now work with both separately. I will now introduce it into a clip and see if it works as I expect. Thanks alot

Danny

Return to Fusion