Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Question about Resolution In fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

FabianHansen

Question about Resolution In fusion

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 1:55 pm

When it comes to Resolution in fusion in Resolve 15, how does resolution work?

I used one of the built in lower third text animation but have done changes to it, but in the fusion page it says it is 1080p.

If I export/render it and on deliver page select 4k, will the text animation still be 1080p on top of a 4k video or will the text actually end up being 4k?

I hope it doesnt seem like a stupid question. I got told once that project in Resolve doesnt really have a resolution in itself and its what you put in the deliver page that decides it. Is it like that with Fusion tab too?

Frank Engel

Re: Question about Resolution In fusion

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Resolve project frame size and rate are set in the project settings, so whoever told you that a Resolve project doesn't have one was incorrect.

In Fusion, the resolution can change from node to node. In most cases the resolution comes from the background input of a given node - if you have a merge node that is compositing two inputs (foreground and background), it is the resolution of the background node that will be used for the output of the merge node.

FabianHansen

PostMon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Frank Engel wrote:Resolve project frame size and rate are set in the project settings, so whoever told you that a Resolve project doesn't have one was incorrect.

In Fusion, the resolution can change from node to node. In most cases the resolution comes from the background input of a given node - if you have a merge node that is compositing two inputs (foreground and background), it is the resolution of the background node that will be used for the output of the merge node.

Dam it.... So that means if footage is 3840p, and timeline was 1080p, but I exported 3840p, does that mean that the export is just upscaled 1080p?

thank you for the info anyway

Dion Scoppettuolo

PostThu Dec 20, 2018 3:23 pm

It all depends on how you take the clip from the edit page into the Fusion page.
If it is one clip form the edit timeline into the Fusion page or it comes in from the media pool on the Fusion page it uses the original source clip size so you retain the full resolution
If you bring in a Fusion clip form the edit page then it uses the timeline resolution, even if the source clips are higher resolution.

Return to Fusion