Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Tear-off menu functionality removed?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

markcohn

Tear-off menu functionality removed?

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 4:39 am

Hello,

I've searched these forums and also a general web search, and can't find the answer this. I've seen many videos and some posts for bug fixes for Fusion 8 and earlier versions regarding tear-off menus. I can't for the life of me find how to do this in Fusion 9. None of the menus have that double line on top like the vids I've seen, or Maya that shows you can tear it off. As I'm new to Fusion, and trying to learn the tools, this would be super useful, especially for particles, which I'm working on now. Are there any Prefs, button combos, etc, or is it now gone?

Thanks!
Mark

Bryan Ray

Re: Tear-off menu functionality removed?

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 8:29 am

It's a little hard to see it, but there's a dotted line at the top of each menu. Give it a single click (don't click and drag--that does nothing), and you'll get that menu in a window. Here's a screenshot where you can see the line in question highlighted:

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

markcohn

Re: Tear-off menu functionality removed?

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 11:49 pm

Thanks, Bryan..

I probably should've specified I'm on Mac. My File/Edit/View, etc appear in the Finder toolbar across the top, not windowed like your screenshot. Not sure if there's a pref to show it windowed like that, and any right-clicking to "Add Tool" that's actually inside the UI doesn't have those dashed lines either :(

Would BMD really have no way to do this on Mac? Cinema 4D and Maya both have these in the the App UI, even if it's redundant with the Finder Menus..

Hmmm...

Return to Fusion