Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Disjointed Fusion Compositions

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jonathan de Blok

Disjointed Fusion Compositions

PostSun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 pm

1) create a 'new fusion composition'
2) dive into it (do not place it on a timeline, just double click it)
3) put a loader and some effects on it and connect those output node
4) place fusion comp on timeline and see our footage from the fusion comp show up

all good so far, but it turns out the comp on the timeline is now independent from the one in the media pool, in fact every time you drag it fro the media pool on the timeline you get an new independent copy which is not really what I expected or want.

Lets say I make some overlay effect in fusion I want to use at a few dozens places in my edit I want them all to be from the same fusion comp, so if I modify it it will change everywhere. Could probably work around it with nested timelines but still..

And worse, I already lost a nice setup because of this as well, I dragged a fusion comp onto the timeline and entered it there, made a nice setup using some 3d features.. later I deleted it from my timeline without and worries because I could still see the fusion comp in the the media pool. Turned out that one was still empty.

I hope this is a bug and not by design, imho a fusion comp should stand on it's own, like a piece of footage.

Jonathan de Blok

Re: Disjointed Fusion Compositions

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 9:11 am

Got some help on facebook.. solution is to put the fusion clip inside a compound clip and use that one all over the place. Then you can modify the single fusion comp inside the compund and it will be updated where ever de compound clip is used.

Return to Fusion