Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion in Resolve

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jim Jordan

Fusion in Resolve

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Fssion in Resolve.

i just completed a project doing match moves in Resolve with Fusion. This is my first use of Fusion. It involved tracking a clip do to small camera movement. I had a lot of difficulty getting the planar tracker to work. it brought my system down and could not do it. I had two foreground images I needed composite. The plainer tracker process allowed be to do both composites in one clip with merging notes for each composite foreground element. Because of my challenges tracking I went to using the point tracker. This worked well but I could only track and match move one foreground element to a clip. I had to go to the edit tab, duplicate the clip and crop to have the frame to create the second foreground with two stacking clips.

Here are some novice questions.

Mac Pro 2013 8 core, 32 gigs ram, 2- D700 graphic cards OS Sierra

Should I have put a 3d render node in fusion to reduce the render on the timeline?

The planer tracker did not work well, Resolve color tracks windows so amazing, am I missing a tracker that works like that in Fusion?

I know I can color correct with nodes in Fusion. Is there a plan to have the Fusion output given a node in color where the fusion elements can be color corrected and a node for the clip base image element may be color corrected in the same clip in the color tab? I'm imagining a fusion output node and a clip node connected by a layer mixer.

What are good settings for performance such as ram allocation, fusion render and playback render?

Is it possible to set a node render in Fusion like a node render in color?

Return to Fusion