Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Reusable lower 3rd using logo.

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

MarnMxxx

Reusable lower 3rd using logo.

PostSat Dec 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Having trouble making a macro of a lower 3rd for a client. Trying to make a macro so as to add it from the edit tab in Resolve. The issue seems to be the png logo I'm incorporating into it. Does DaVinci have any issue making reusable macros if there is a bitmap file type in it? If not, Where does it store the bitmap file in the macro?

MarnMxxx

Re: Reusable lower 3rd using logo.

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 4:32 pm

Figured it out myself. Only 42 hrs of wasted time.
USING:
iMac 2020
OS 13.5.1
3.8 GHz 8-core Intel Core i7
64GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB
12TB RAID

Sander de Regt

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Would you mind sharing your solution? It might help to prevent someone else from wasting 42 hours in the future. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Sander de Regt

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 pm

Would you mind sharing your solution? It might help to prevent someone else from wasting 42 hours in the future. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

MarnMxxx

PostThu May 16, 2019 9:50 pm

MarnMxxx wrote:Having trouble making a macro of a lower 3rd for a client. Trying to make a macro so as to add it from the edit tab in Resolve. The issue seems to be the png logo I'm incorporating into it. Does DaVinci have any issue making reusable macros if there is a bitmap file type in it? If not, Where does it store the bitmap file in the macro?

I made a folder for reusable bitmap (logos or whatever) graphics. After creating the lower 3rd with a clients logo. I went through the process of making the macro. When making macros you get that box with tons of things to include or exclude in your marcros for editing in the Edit page. There is a place for bitmap graphics location to be included. I chose the folder I store the reusable graphics and Davinci sees it when using the macro. So the logo shows up just fine. It's a very complicated procedure to decide what is included in your macro for editing back in the edit page. I got it to work and haven't touched macros since. My explanation may be a bit convoluted since it's been awhile since I made it.

Return to Fusion