Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion does not recognice external NAS

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Moethi

Fusion does not recognice external NAS

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 8:13 am

Good morning to all of you,

since I use DaVinci Resolve for videos, I use an external NAS (QNAP TS-431P) for storing source files and projects. No problem there.

I tried the same with Fusion (Version 9.0.2 build 15), but Fusion does not recognize the NAS, whether directly as \\DataServer\home\ nor as F:\ (which is the assigned drive letter).

The drive also isn't available under File -> Open -> System -> DieserPC (what is the equivalent in US. "ThisPC"?) or Netzwerk (Network).

Is there any preference I have to change so that Fusion might recognize the NAS with all it's files? Any other external drive is available, i.e. the Backup Drive or any USB stick and so on.

Thanks for your help!
Jürgen
Mainboard ASUS Prime X370 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 X Eight-Core @ 3,77 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10

DouglasRogers

Re: Fusion does not recognice external NAS

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 1:50 pm

This sounds like a setting in the QNAP software. I am more familiar with synology, but it should work the same. With the Synology, the only way I can access the drives is to be signed in to the NAS or set it up so everyone on my WiFi can access the drives or portions of the drive. That is a security setting. If you can see the NAS drives in Windows explorer or Mac Finder it should work within Fusion.

Moethi

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 9:19 am

Hi Douglas,

sorry, I should have mentioned this: the NAS works perfect on Windows, even on Davinci Resolve. There are only problems by accessing from Fusion. Perhaps it is a problem in the free version? I ordered the studio version some weeks ago; the dongles are not available at the time here in Germany, so I have to wait and wait ...

Any further idea? Or shall I wait until the dongle is here?

Have a nice day!
Jürgen
Mainboard ASUS Prime X370 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 X Eight-Core @ 3,77 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10

roger.magnusson

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 10:16 am

I see the same issue, the Fusion file browser can't browse network resources on Windows. But if I type the path into the file browser it works. I usually just drag and drop from an external app into Fusion, so haven't been bothered by it.

Moethi

PostSun Apr 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks for helping!

Have a nice day!
Jürgen

Return to Fusion