Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

FXhome Ignite Express OFX Plugins

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

nbyteFX

FXhome Ignite Express OFX Plugins

PostWed May 22, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi,
I have installed Ignite Express OFX plugins but their won't load in Fusion 16 beta 3 standalone!
In Resolve 16 beta their work even in Fusion Tab!!

Is this a bug? Or I'm doing something wrong?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks ...

Frank Engel

Re: FXhome Ignite Express OFX Plugins

PostWed May 22, 2019 5:08 pm

They work in Resolve 15 too, but I've seen the same thing, they do not work in the Fusion beta.

nbyteFX

PostWed May 22, 2019 5:13 pm

And I thought that resolve 16 and fusion 16 share the same foundation - program wise!

yannis

PostWed May 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Strange behaviour indeed!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Fusion 16 now only uses DCTLs code for plugins, which makes older ones available until Fusion 9 (Studio only, never the free versions).
Most developers are waiting for the new SDK to upgrade their Fusion OFX and plugins.
Yannis
https://yannis.lehuede.org

Norman Black

PostWed May 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Fusion is not listed as a supported Host for the Ignite plug-ins. Resolve is listed. If I had to guess, Ignite is rejecting Fusion as a suitable/supported host.
Resolve 16b3, Windows 10 1803
i7-4770K 4.0 GHz, 16GB ram, GTX 1080
512GB system SSD, 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Bryan Ray

PostWed May 22, 2019 9:28 pm

yannis wrote:Strange behaviour indeed!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Fusion 16 now only uses DCTLs code for plugins, which makes older ones available until Fusion 9 (Studio only, never the free versions).
Most developers are waiting for the new SDK to upgrade their Fusion OFX and plugins.

You're conflating three different things.

DCTL is necessary for writing GPU-driven Fuses. It replaces the OpenCL Fuse support that was present in previous versions of Fusion. OpenCL Fuses will run in the free version of Fusion 9. I haven't looked into DCTL Fuses yet, but OpenCL Fuses run in the free version of Fusion 9. I imagine DCTL will run in the free version of Resolve 16, but as I said, I haven't investigated it yet.

The SDK is required for making native Fusion plug-ins like Krokodove, CustomShader3D, and Lit Sphere. These plug-ins cannot be updated until the new SDK is available.

OFX plug-ins do not depend on the Fusion SDK and should operate in Beta 16, but the plug-in vendor needs to add Fusion support. I don't know the ins and outs of OFX development, but I would think at the very least the plug-in would require a Fusion control panel.

edit: I just tested Neat Video, an OFX plug-in. It works in Fusion Beta 16.

nbyteFX wrote:And I thought that resolve 16 and fusion 16 share the same foundation - program wise!

Fusion 16 and the Fusion page in Resolve 16 share a code base. I expect the plug-in you're trying works on the Edit page, but not on the Fusion page, yes?
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Trensharo

PostWed May 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Bryan Ray wrote:
yannis wrote:Strange behaviour indeed!

You're conflating three different things.

DCTL is necessary for writing GPU-driven Fuses. It replaces the OpenCL Fuse support that was present in previous versions of Fusion. OpenCL Fuses will run in the free version of Fusion 9. I haven't looked into DCTL Fuses yet, but OpenCL Fuses run in the free version of Fusion 9. I imagine DCTL will run in the free version of Resolve 16, but as I said, I haven't investigated it yet.

The SDK is required for making native Fusion plug-ins like Krokodove, CustomShader3D, and Lit Sphere. These plug-ins cannot be updated until the new SDK is available.

OFX plug-ins do not depend on the Fusion SDK and should operate in Beta 16, but the plug-in vendor needs to add Fusion support. I don't know the ins and outs of OFX development, but I would think at the very least the plug-in would require a Fusion control panel.

edit: I just tested Neat Video, an OFX plug-in. It works in Fusion Beta 16.

nbyteFX wrote:And I thought that resolve 16 and fusion 16 share the same foundation - program wise!

Fusion 16 and the Fusion page in Resolve 16 share a code base. I expect the plug-in you're trying works on the Edit page, but not on the Fusion page, yes?

Ignite Express OFX works on the Fusion Page in Resolve. However, they're buggy there. I can crash Resolve on demand with some of those plug-ins.

I don't recommend using them, as they tend to perform very slow in Resolve, anyways. Most of them are redundant, anyways.

nbyteFX

PostThu May 23, 2019 7:38 am

As Trensharo wrote - it works in Fusion Tab!
It is not only this OFX Plugin that don`t load in Fusion 16 Standalone but works in Resolve Fusion Tab!

I hoped that with Fusion 16 we can use the same OFX Plugins as in Resolve 16!
Blackmagic please make it possible to use the OFX Plugins in Resolve as in Fusion 16....

Bryan Ray

PostThu May 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Well now that is peculiar. I'd still guess that the onus is on the plug-in developer to fix it. I'd suggest asking them if they plan to support Fusion standalone in addition to Resolve. As I said, it's not a general OFX in Fusion problem because Neat, RSMB and Frischluft OFX plug-ins all work. But they all specifically support Fusion as a host.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

nbyteFX

PostFri May 24, 2019 8:34 am

That might be true Brian.
But Blackmagic could make the detection of OFX Plugins the same as in Resolve (if it is possible).
So Fusion standalone would load all OFX Plugins which will work in Resolve...

Frank Engel

PostFri May 24, 2019 12:13 pm

I get a warning when starting Fusion 16 beta that those particular plugins failed to load.

Given that this is detectable, I would suggest that Fusion could try to "pretend" to be Resolve only after plugins hit that issue, or if explicitly configured for them - I vaguely remember seeing plugins advertised the other way, that they would work in Fusion but not in Resolve (can't remember which ones offhand), so trying to do this with all plugins could potentially impact something else.

Hideki Inoue

PostFri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Not all OFX support Fusion Studio. There is no Fusion in FXHome's list.
https://fxhome.com/ignite-express

For example, BorisFX said BCC doesn't support Fusion Studio(Some will work, though).

Would you like to make a list? I don't know about Fusion Studio v16.

Support:
  • Boris FX Mocha pro
  • Boris FX Sapphire(with an alert message)
  • ABSoft Neat Video Pro for OFX
  • Frischluft Lenscare
  • The Foundry Keylight(Already discontinued)
  • FilmConvert
  • Motiva RealPerception OFX Plugin Pack(This conflicts with something. I uninstalled)
  • RE:Vision Effects DEFlicker V1
  • RE:Vision Effects DE:Noise V3
  • RE:Vision Effects ReelSmart Motion BlurV6(Native Plugin)
  • RE:Vision Effects RE:Flex V5(Native PLugin)
  • RE:Vision Effects RE:Lens V2
  • RE:Vision Effects RE:Match V2
  • RE:Vision Effects RE:Map V3
  • RE:Vision Effects Twixter V7(Native Plugin)
  • komkom doorn Krokodove(Native Plugin)
Not support(Not in their list, I don't know details):
  • BorisFX BCC (some tools are missing, Behavior suspicious overall)
  • FXHome Ignite Express
  • timeinpixels False Color
  • Digital Film Tools DFT
  • Digital Film Tools reFine
  • Digital Anarchy Beauty Box
  • Digital Anarchy Flicker Free
  • Frischluft Flair
Last edited by Hideki Inoue on Sat May 25, 2019 10:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fusion Studio v18.6.6 / DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Intel® Core™ i9-13900KS / 128GB RAM / Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090 (546.33) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE / 128GB RAM / Nvidia RTX A5000 (536.67) / Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Frank Engel

PostFri May 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Hideki Inoue wrote:Neat Video

Curiously, Neat Video has separate versions of the plugins for different hosts, and the one for Resolve is not the same as the OFX one that supports Fusion.

Return to Fusion