Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Audio

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Jacob Nielsen

Audio

PostWed Jun 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Dear forum,

Having been an After Effects user for many years and just started to scratch the surface of Resolve/Fusion, there is one thing that I'm really missing from After Effects. And this one thing really is very restricting in my opinion. It seems I can't be able to fine-tune keyframes to audio in Fusion. First I thought there was some really obvious setting I was missing (an audio switch or similar) - but I soon realised that there is NO audio at all in Fusion - you can't even preview the composition. Of course I know the workflow is to jump between Edit and Fusion panels, but I find it really strange that audio is not ported over to Fusion. Can you once again confirm: In order to set keyframes to audio, this is only possible in the Edit panel, meaning if doing some more complicated stuff in Fusion, you have to swap between the two panels in order to preview the timings? Any idea of it will be implemented in future updates?

Kind regards,
Jacob

Frank Engel

Re: Audio

PostWed Jun 19, 2019 3:44 pm

Check the documentation of the Saver node in the Tools reference manual (https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... erence.pdf); it does describe a way to bring in audio for the purpose of syncing the composite to the audio, but the audio itself cannot be manipulated within Fusion.

If you are using Fusion within Resolve, you might need to export the audio to a WAV file to make use of that capability.

Return to Fusion