Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion 9 Spline colors

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

tomhome

Fusion 9 Spline colors

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 2:27 pm

This might be a dumb question but I can't figure it out. My splines for rotos always default to black, which makes it impossible to see, especially in alpha mode. I used to use Fusion 5 a long time ago and haven't been back in it until a few weeks ago so some things are have changed. I know I can right click in the viewer and change the spline color there, but having to do that for every roto is a pain. I figure there should be a way to change the default spline color. Thanks in advance.

Bryan Ray

Re: Fusion 9 Spline colors

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 pm

The only reason I can think of for that happening is if you somehow set a default on your spline nodes. Make a new node, right-click it and choose Settings > Reset Default. That should reset the splines to green.

If that doesn't work, then there's something deeper going on, possibly hardware-related.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

tomhome

PostWed Jun 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Bryan Ray wrote:The only reason I can think of for that happening is if you somehow set a default on your spline nodes. Make a new node, right-click it and choose Settings > Reset Default. That should reset the splines to green.

If that doesn't work, then there's something deeper going on, possibly hardware-related.

Thanks so much, that worked! I'm not sure how or why they were black, I haven't changed anything since it was installed two weeks ago. I did have fusion 16 beta installed before hand so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't know. Thanks for your help!

Chad Capeland

PostThu Jun 27, 2019 8:05 pm

scribbles in practical joke notebook
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

Return to Fusion