Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Vertical Nodes Graph (or custom layouts again)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

egious

Vertical Nodes Graph (or custom layouts again)

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 6:36 am

Hi,

I do composing tasks for 20+ years, so I think I know smth in the area.
A lack of custom layouts in Fusion 16 is very huge miss IMO. I know about unification with Resolve and so on but pro composers should have the ability to customize their workspaces. We just should.

Well, to be honest I don't need to change my interface completely (as we can do it in Houdini for example). I just need some adjustments and the most is Vertical Nodes Graph. I attached example of my usual layout and this scheme is ideal for me no matter which resolution I have and what size of project I do. Most parts of the interface are default but Nodes Graph is vertical and left (not bottom).

Speaking of Fusion 16 all you need to do is to apply the same behavior to Nodes as Effects now have. Effects pane appears at left and can be expanded vertically. I think this is a good idea to do same logic with Nodes pane.

Thank you in advance
Attachments
interface.jpg
interface.jpg (219.6 KiB) Viewed 1207 times

Saad Shah

Re: Vertical Nodes Graph (or custom layouts again)

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Why not. I would love to work in a customized layout of my choosing too. Makes it more comfortable for spending hours and hours in the interface.
Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

Enrico Perei

PostSun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 am

I agree completely.

The more is customizable the better.

We're long past the phase (at least I hope) where software needs to look unique or have quirky ways of doing things (ugh) just to stand out from the "masses" and be instantly recognizable for marketing purposes (i.e. brand recognition).

Most of the time I don't even heavily change anything either but if there is a UI thing that for some reason doesn't work with my habits, gets in the way or I just quickly need to rearrange for a circumstance I just ran into, I really want to have the opportunity to customize.

One correction though (could be a language thing):
composers are writing music,
we're compositors or compers, though I prefer pixelpusher or when referring to a lead or supervisor: pixelfucker ...

egious

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 7:05 am

Enrico Perei wrote:I agree completely.

One correction though (could be a language thing):
composers are writing music,
we're compositors or compers, though I prefer pixelpusher or when referring to a lead or supervisor: pixelfucker ...

Enrico, of course I know that slang staff, thanks for mention.
Fun fact: in Russian we have absolutely the same couple of words but with opposite meaning. Compositor in Russian is guy who write music. =)

Return to Fusion