Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Tracking text onto an object that appears later into video

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Ian.winchell

Tracking text onto an object that appears later into video

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Hello,
I am relatively new with working with Davinci Resolve but I still have gotten myself extremely comfortable with the Editing, Cutting, Media and obviously delivery tab in the program. However I'm still getting used to the fusion page and the differences between the tracking and effects in this program from Adobe AE are huge. Anyways I have a drone shot where the camera pans up on a beach and I would like to track one of the many houses on the beach so when the camera pans up the text is revealed. However I cannot get the tracking to work properly and haven't been able to get the text to work properly and come into the shot when expected. Hoping someone can help me!!

Sander de Regt

Re: Tracking text onto an object that appears later into vid

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Nothing you describe here is particularly difficult to accomplish in Fusion (or the Fusion page).
Since you're new to the forum you can't post links yet. Is this a shot you can share with us?
Because it would help in giving you the best possible tricks.

Have you searched this forum for tracking related topics yet? There have been quite a lot of them and I'm pretty sure some of the infor there will apply to what you're trying to do.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion