Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

How to get "smooth" keyframes

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

AndreasOberg

How to get "smooth" keyframes

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi,
Im using Fusion inside Davinci Resolve and I'm trying to figure out how to animate translation and modifiers like Warp so that the changes are smooth when I have different keyframes.
I have went into the Spline window, right clicked and tried both Smooth and Ease in, as well as adjusting the bezier handles. From what I can see the spline looks very smooth.
However when I playback an animation I have done with Warp it has a very clear linear animation for each mesh point. In my animation it expands and then it instantly turns and shrinks, while I would have thought that it would expanded and then begin to shrink in a smooth way.

In After Effects I would get this result by just selecting ease in/out on the keyframes so I must be missing something basic.

Sorry, hope the explanation makes sense.

Best wishes,
Andreas
VFX Director - Visual Forest Ltd

Sander de Regt

Re: How to get "smooth" keyframes

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Can you share what you've got in either a screengrab, a video or even the composition?
Because in itself what you describe appears to be the correct workflow, so if it's not working for you it might be a user error - or a bug.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

AndreasOberg

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:Can you share what you've got in either a screengrab, a video or even the composition?
Because in itself what you describe appears to be the correct workflow, so if it's not working for you it might be a user error - or a bug.

Sure, what is the best way of actually sharing an image here?
Do I just upload anywhere on the internet and then link to?
Best,
Andreas
VFX Director - Visual Forest Ltd

Sander de Regt

PostSun Jul 28, 2019 8:59 am

Use whatever method suits you best. You can add attachments straight to posts, or you can use image sharing services/dropbox/google drive links. There's not a real best practice as such.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion