Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

can't add any tools to fusion node in resolver 16

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

adityakmr088

can't add any tools to fusion node in resolver 16

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 am

I just migrated from resolver 15 to resolver 16. In this version, I am having some issues as I am trying to add
Code: Select all
Text3D
to the node. but its not working. I tried adding few different item none of them worked. How can i solve this problem. I am new To Black magic resolver.

Bryan Ray

Re: can't add any tools to fusion node in resolver 16

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Is there anything already on your Edit timeline? Fusion won't do anything at all if it doesn't have something to build on. There needs to either be a clip there, or you need to make a new Fusion Comp in the Media Pool and add that to the Timeline first.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Saad Shah

Re: can't add any tools to fusion node in resolver 16

PostSun Aug 18, 2019 3:37 pm

To work on the fusion page in Davinci Resolve, you need to first add a simple Fusion Composition to your timeline in the Edit page. It is within the Effects tab. Drag the Fusion Composition placeholder onto your Edit timeline. Drag it to the length / duration you want your Fusion composition to be. Park the playhead over it and then go to the Fusion tab. Then start building your node structure. Add a Media Out node at the end.

Then when you go back to the Edit page, you will see your fusion work overlayed over your video clips.

Sadi
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

Return to Fusion