Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion nodes disappeared after crash !!!!

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

David Chabashvili

Fusion nodes disappeared after crash !!!!

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 4:56 pm

I'm on Resolve 16 Studio, latest public beta. For some reason it crashed while I was working on fusion comp inside a clip. When I loaded the project back, the clip was marked (stars) that it had fusion comps in, but when I went to Fusion tab nothing from what Ive done was there. Just MeadiaIn and MediaOut nodes, like nothing happened. At first I presumed I accidentally reset the fusion project. So I loaded a backup (made 15 minutes earlier automatically as per settings). The same - nothing in fusion tab under the same clip. I loaded earlier backup (30 minutes). Nothing there too. And only third backup had part of the nodes that Ive worked on and had to build the rest again.
My questions is why do nodes disappear???
Why does they disappeared in the recent backups??
Is there any way to recover them? I mean for simple comps its not a problem, but for big ones its going to pain.

post78

Re: Fusion nodes disappeared after crash !!!!

PostMon Jul 13, 2020 1:16 am

Bumping this. Same issue.

CAMA@BBF

PostWed Nov 04, 2020 1:20 am

Same issue here. Crashed on export. Now the whole Fusion composition is blank with only MediaOut left.
Days of work lost! Tried loading backups -- all the same.

Any solutions??

Running on a 16core MacPro with 160gb and VegaII 32Gb

This shouldn't be happening

UserNoah

PostThu Nov 05, 2020 12:48 pm

Different things could have happened. Most important info: there is no live save in the Fusion Page. You need to manually save or it will only save based on your auto save settings.

If you close the software it will save as well.

I also have lost work in Resolve Fusion due to that (if you have access to Fusion Studio you can set the auto save to something like 30 seconds and never loose a lot of work. If your workflow allows using a dedicated comp software).
But sometimes Resolve seems to mix up fusion compositions when it crashes. I found that if I looked in the media page that there were more Fusion compositions than in my timeline. Including one that contained my nodes.
This hasn't happened to me in a long time though.
But it would be very unusual for Resolve to completely destroy a Fusion comp that you've been working on for several days. At some point it will have saved.

Return to Fusion