PLEASE HELP - project won't open

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AlecWild

PLEASE HELP - project won't open

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 3:35 pm

I've been working on a project for a few weeks. Editing, no problem. Yesterday I did an initial color grade using FilmConvert OFX and some basic sound editing using iZotopeRx. Exported a .mov file for the client to see.

Got some feedback for a few changes, and this morning the project won't open. A double-click on the project crashes Resolve instantly. Selecting the project and clicking "Open" freezes Resolve with the project opening at 94%.

Other projects open without issue.

Please help!

Resolve 12b3
MacPro
GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB
Disk Database
iMac Retina 2019, Radeon RX 580 GB, 32 GB RAM
Resolve Studio 16.2.7 & 17.0 Beta

AlecWild

Re: PLEASE HELP - project won't open

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 3:46 pm

SOLVED: I removed iZotopeRX from the Audio plugins, and the project opened. Is iZotope causing the crash?
iMac Retina 2019, Radeon RX 580 GB, 32 GB RAM
Resolve Studio 16.2.7 & 17.0 Beta

Chrismukkuli

Re: PLEASE HELP - project won't open

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 10:41 am

Double clicking anywhere immediately shuts down Resolve if it is saving. This is pretty annoying because before you double click anything you have to be sure that it is not going to coincide with Resolve starting an auto-save but there is no way of knowing this. Can BMD please fix this?

Chris

Return to DaVinci Resolve