Weird lines in cross dissolve after grade - pls help!

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Justinp008

Weird lines in cross dissolve after grade - pls help!

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 am

Hi All,

Just learning how to grade.

I am getting some weird artefacts in the cross dissolve after I graded a clip. I tried deleting the cross dissolve and replacing it with a new omelette but didn’t fix it.

Would be grateful if anyone might know how to fix this issue.
Please see screenshot below.

Thanks very much for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thijs van Daalen

Re: Weird lines in cross dissolve after grade - pls help!

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 am

A Similar issue happened to me too. First check if your Retime Process mode is set to "nearest" and that the timeline fps matches that of the clip. This can create weird artifacts too.

As a quick fix, when you're done editing, create a compound clip for each of the clips that need a transition. After that apply the transition and the artifacts should be gone.

By any chance, are you using color management in the project settings to grade your clips? This can change colors and create weird artifacts with for instance PNG layers. Try doing it solely with nodes.

Maybe this will help.
Dell Precision 3660
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K | 3.20 GHz | 32,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Windows 11 Pro
Resolve 18.6

Justinp008

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 pm

Thijs van Daalen wrote:A Similar issue happened to me too. First check if your Retime Process mode is set to "nearest" and that the timeline fps matches that of the clip. This can create weird artifacts too.

As a quick fix, when you're done editing, create a compound clip for each of the clips that need a transition. After that apply the transition and the artifacts should be gone.

By any chance, are you using color management in the project settings to grade your clips? This can change colors and create weird artifacts with for instance PNG layers. Try doing it solely with nodes.

Maybe this will help.
Thank you Thijs. Much appreciated!

Justinp008

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 am

Thijs van Daalen wrote:A Similar issue happened to me too. First check if your Retime Process mode is set to "nearest" and that the timeline fps matches that of the clip. This can create weird artifacts too.

Maybe this will help.
Hi Thijs,
Just thought I’d let you know that the artefacts were a bug in resolve. I was able to fix it by clearing all in the render cache in the playback menu. Hope this helps you in the future as well.
Thanks again for responding.
Best
Justin

Thijs van Daalen

PostWed May 01, 2024 8:05 am

Justinp008 wrote:Just thought I’d let you know that the artefacts were a bug in resolve. I was able to fix it by clearing all in the render cache in the playback menu. Hope this helps you in the future as well.
Thanks again for responding.
Best
Justin

Thank you! Will use this whenever a bug like that occurs. :D
Dell Precision 3660
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K | 3.20 GHz | 32,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Windows 11 Pro
Resolve 18.6

Return to Post Production