59.976 footage not linking

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

darklink2368

59.976 footage not linking

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Hey everyone!

So, running into a little bit of an issue here. I'm trying to color my sequence that was built in AVID in Resolve. I relinked to my raw footage in a 29.97 project (which is coming from a Canon 6D and a Canon C300). On top of that, the footage is a mixture of 23.976 and 59.976. Everything relinked correctly and I went to export my AAF. No problems.

When I go to import the aaf in Resolve, however, my footage in 23.976 is the only stuff that shows up. Having a difficult time relinking to the rest of the footage. I've imported my RAW clips into my media pool, nothing. I've tried force conforming my clips into my timeline to the ones in my media pool and it recognizes it, but it won't sync up to the correct spot.

I've tried looking for solutions, but am coming up empty handed. Anyone have any ideas?

Glenn Sakatch

Re: 59.976 footage not linking

PostSun Feb 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Situations like this, it is usually best to do some basic detective work.

Go to a clip that won't relink in the resolve timeline. Look at the opening frame resolve thinks it is trying to link to. What is the source timecode that it is looking or?

Now go to the same frame in Avid. What is the source timecode supposed to be? Avid is usually pretty good at tracking frame rate changes...Resolve might not be as good.

Is Resolve interpreting the footage correctly?
Is Avid playing the footage back at its native rate, or did you do some transcoding to a different frame rate prior to editing?

Same clip in Avid....what is the file name, reel id etc.
Same clip in Resolve...same question
(where were the transcodes created? Where they done with proper metadata?)

Howard Roll

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 am

59.976 isn't any valid/standard frame rate. Do you mean 59.94?

Glenn Sakatch

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 4:18 am

I assume that is what is meant

Return to Post Production