Decklink mini monitor 4k win10 total fail

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Malcolm Matusky

Decklink mini monitor 4k win10 total fail

PostSun Jul 15, 2018 6:22 pm

I bought a new "4k" BM card for my new computer build and the mini monitor 4k refused to work no matter what I did, then I installed my "old HD" intensity pro and it worked perfectly! Unreal. I lost two days to diagnosing this problem and hope I'm not screwed returning the mini mon 4k. The card output black, and flickered a bit, but never displayed video, regardless of the settings in desktop video or Resolve.

Asus wsx299 sage intel i97220x 64GB ram, win 10. gtx 1080ti
Asus WS x299 Sage, Win 10 pro, I9-7920x 12 core watercooled, 64GB ram, Gtx 1080ti watercooled, BM Intensity Pro4k I/O card, Raid Card 24TBx8, Thunderbolt 3 card.

Marc Wielage

Re: Decklink mini monitor 4k win10 total fail

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 4:34 am

What monitor are you using as an output display? Does Resolve "see" the card and allow you to select it? What resolution and frame rates are you using? What kind of source material are you trying to play back?

Generally when diagnosing external display problems, I think the thing to do is start with the Blackmagic Media Express utility and try to get it to see the card and then display any simple video from the app to the monitor. Unless and until that happens, Resolve won't be able to access the card.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: Decklink mini monitor 4k win10 total fail

PostMon Jul 16, 2018 10:46 am

Is it in PCI-E x4 slot (or higher)? Try inserting it into different PCI-E.
I assume you tried uninstalling drivers/restarting machine and installing fresh ones. Try older drives, not latest.
And as Marc said- maybe tried first to get proper picture from MediaExpress. Try HD for start.

Return to Post Production