DeckLink 4K Extreme SDI drivers

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dprenerov

DeckLink 4K Extreme SDI drivers

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi,
I wonder why there are no drivers available for download for DeckLink 4K Extreme SDI.
Maybe the card is obsolete and discontinued, however we still use lots of them and there should be at least such support.
I also would like which version of the drivers are latest available, and which Windows OS version is supported.
I face a problem with drivers version 10.7 Windows 7 64 bit, used with Avid Media Composer v.6.5.
After updating the card drivers from v. 9.7 to 10.7. I started to get error messages about wrong frame rate via serial port RS422 of the card during video capture.

What I am concerned is that during updating the drivers process, I think the new driver updated the firmware of the card also. And this was no question of choice.

So is it possible to rollback everything or go further with newer driver, maybe this is fixed?
Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks

Xtreemtec

Re: DeckLink 4K Extreme SDI drivers

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Yes Desktop video also upgrades the firmware in the card. This is needed for desktop video to work.

Remove the new desktop video from your computer, Download an older version of desktop video (BMD Website> Support tab > Capture cards > Scroll down to an older version.

Install it. Reboot machine. if everything goes right. After the reboot you will be prompted that the card needs a firmware Upgrade. ( Yes this is a downgrade. But it always says upgrade! )
Let it run, Reboot machine again and you are on older firmware. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

dprenerov

Re: DeckLink 4K Extreme SDI drivers

PostWed Oct 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Daniel, Thank you for your help.

Return to Post Production