BRAW Avid Timecode and Filename issue

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

UweSeifner

BRAW Avid Timecode and Filename issue

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 10:24 am

Hi

After linking BRAW (BMPC 4K) Files into my Avid 2019.9 on Windows 7, the name is cut off like
"A003_08161000_C0" and TC starts on every Clip with 00:00:00:00.

Is there a solution?

thx
Uwe

Leo Baker

Re: BRAW Avid Timecode and Filename issue

PostWed Oct 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Hello Uwe,

I've had exactly the same issue, I've reported this to Blackmagic through a support ticket on Tue Sep 17 and been pressing for a response. On Mon, Oct 7 Blackmagic replied "Going forwards, I would recommend checking back regularly with both our social media outlets and the support page of our website for updates."

So in the meantime I've just did the old import and transcode from BRAW to AVID DNXHD36 in Da Vinci Resolve, then link back to the 4k VRAW in Resolve last. But Obviously it would be easier to sometimes finish direct in Avid. So we will require an update to be made of the plugin. But I have no idea on the time frame when Blackmagic will fix this.

Kind regards,

Leo

Leo Baker

PostWed Oct 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Also BTW I tested on Avid Media Composer 2019.9 on OSX Mojave and same issue so it isn't restricted to Windows as seem's the way the plugin is working with Avid. No idea how they have released the plugin when the basics of filename, timecode as well as Transcoding inside Avid is not supported.

Leo Baker

PostFri Oct 18, 2019 11:07 am

Blackmagic have just releases 1.5.1 of their raw plugin. I have tested timecode comes across fine now in Avid Media Composer, however the filename is still cut off A003_04190034_C0 for example and video column for transcoding is still not possible as says 'unknown'. So it seems maybe the next 1-2 versions of their Raw plugin could address this. It's a shame they didn't release the update with those 2 fix's, transcode support from with-in Avid, full filename.

Leo

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 18, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi, I was unaware of the name cut off issue but will add it to the list now. Import/transcode is a bigger feature to implement and we are trying to work with AVID to add support for this (we are still waiting on response from them).
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Return to Post Production