BRAW Premiere Pro plugin messes up with BRAW Studio

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

tycooko

BRAW Premiere Pro plugin messes up with BRAW Studio

PostThu Oct 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Hello.
In the latest months, I've edited several projects in Premiere Pro using the only plugin for BRAW clips that was available until recently (BRAW Studio) and really liked it.
Today I've seen an update for my BMPCC4K which was just one individual file: inside the installer, there wasn't any checkbox to leave some of the components out and only install others. So I've installed everything and I was very happy with the new features for the camera.
Then I went to Premiere Pro to keep working on my latest project and, suddenly, I see the official Blackmagic plugin has taken over: now I can't remove it or disable it from within Premiere, I'm forced to import new BRAW clips with it as Premiere doesn't recognize BRAW Studio anymore and it renders my BRAW Studio-imported and edited clips unusable, as I can't keep modifying them from the BRAW Studio menu. It just sees that I used BRAW Studio, but if I try to, say, change the white balance within the BRAW Studio panel, it doesn't do anything. So I should basically start from scratch with the official Blackmagic plugin panel.
Uninstalling the Blackmagic Premiere Pro plugin alone is impossible: again, the installer doesn't give you this option. So, out of desperation, I've uninstalled everything (BRAW player included): now I can't open my Premiere Pro projects anymore, because Premiere has somehow "registered" the information that all BRAW clips need to be opened and edited with the official Blackmagic plugin.
So it seems that my options now are: not installing Blackmagic plugin and loose several past projects forever or installing it and start my current project from scratch, after weeks of work.
Did Blackmagic really not think about this???

My specs are:
Adobe Premiere Pro Version 13.5.1 (Build 47)
Blackmagic Camera 6.6 update
BRAW Studio 1.7.4
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Radeon RX 590 (19.10.2 firmware update)
Resolve Studio 18.6.2 (BUILD 2)
macOS Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)
2023 16-inch M2 Max MacBook Pro (Mac14,6), 12 CPU cores, 38 GPU cores, 64 GB LPDDR5X RAM

antoine

Re: BRAW Premiere Pro plugin messes up with BRAW Studio

PostSat Oct 26, 2019 8:59 am

We are trying to work this out with Matteo and will keep up to date here our findings

tycooko wrote:Did Blackmagic really not think about this???

They knew people were already using BRAW Studio and they explicitly changed the priority to the maximum between 1.5. and 1.5.1 to block any other plugin regardless if users already had a way to import .braw
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

Return to Post Production