Premiere project sync issues between PC/Mac

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

323pgh

Premiere project sync issues between PC/Mac

PostWed Dec 11, 2019 5:47 am

Hi all,

Trying to figure out a syncing issue here, and this one is stumping me.

I edited a trailer in Premiere -- the footage is almost all 4K .braw clips -- on a Windows desktop. There's lots of footage, both b-roll and interview clips.

The DP was wanting to open the project on his system, which is a Mac. So I gave him my project file and some additional graphics I made. He had all of the footage already, since he shot it.

But when he tries to re-link the footage on his system, he says it's completely out of sync. And not just by a few frames -- more like, the interviews now have his voice asking questions. So there's been some significant shifting.

I was not using proxies or intermediates, only the full-res .braw clips imported using the Autokroma plugin. And he is similarly attempting to link the exact same files that he has copies of.

Any thoughts on what might be causing our project files to not align? Is it a Windows/Mac thing? I'm just baffled because Premiere should be finding exact footage with the same timecodes, etc. Love to hear any thoughts on what to try

Return to Post Production