Ultrastudio 4k Mini rackmount

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Smash Ashby

Ultrastudio 4k Mini rackmount

PostSat Dec 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm that the way to rack mount the Ultrastudio 4k mini is by using the Teranex Mini Rack shelves?

Also, I know that you can get 1/3 blank rack panels, but does Blackmagic make any blank 1/2 rack panels to fill in the gap - pretty sure the 4k mini is a 1/2 rack, not a 1/3 rack in width.

Thanks,

Smash.
Smash Ashby
Managing Director
South Post

Xtreemtec

Re: Ultrastudio 4k Mini rackmount

PostMon Dec 30, 2019 12:07 pm

The teranex shelf will do the trick i guess. Based on this "3D" render.. But i have seen someone having 2 units in a rack already somewhere on FB.

About those 1/2 rack blind panels.. No clue.. But maybe they have added them to the Rackshelf package now. Because the SDI > HDMI 8K is also 1/2 rack wide. So i guess we will see more hardware in 1/2 rack size from now.

Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Stephen Mickelsen

PostThu Jan 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Yes, it does work just fine with the shelf. Mine is installed in one right now.

And I can also confirm that a recent purchase of the shelf includes a half size (1/6 wide) cover in addition to the usual pair of full size (1/3 wide) covers.

mattfezz

PostFri May 15, 2020 3:01 am

Stephen Mickelsen wrote:Yes, it does work just fine with the shelf. Mine is installed in one right now.

And I can also confirm that a recent purchase of the shelf includes a half size (1/6 wide) cover in addition to the usual pair of full size (1/3 wide) covers.

Hi Stephen,

Just wondering where you purchased your shelf from? Ive been enquiring with a few suppliers but they only seem to have 2x 1/3 blanking panels included
Mac Pro 7,1 | 3.2Ghz 16 Core | 192GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, Radeon RX 6900XT | Ultrastudio 4K Mini
macOS 14.3.1 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 | Desktop Video 12.3.1

Return to Post Production